Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Friday Nigh Knittting Club

The Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs was the first I bought on my Kindle. I love the book. The only negative I have to say about it is that there was language but that was all. In this day and age for an adult novel you have to pick and choose and I will choose that. The story was beautiful and well written and it ended in a way that I totally didn't expect. The Friday night knitting club starts as an impromptu group that come into Georgia's shop to finish projects or learn new techniques but by the end of the book they have created a sisterhood. I think that is why I so thoroughly enjoyed the book. There are the prickly people that when you first meet them you wonder why you want to be friends with them and they end up being your best friend? That type of scenario is played out plus a best friend from High School appears. Guess what? You can't get the old days back. When I was describing some of the characters to someone, they asked if it was a biography. No, but it well could be - it is that real. It was a book I am glad I read, thrilled it was my first book on Kindle and I know for a fact I am a better friend for having read it. I had read another book that was a possibility for bookgroup and it was truly so bad that I cannot review it. I originally said that this blog would be upbeat and there was nothing positive to say about that book so I will leave it be.

On another positive note - I LOVE MY KINDLE! I so far have not found a down side to it - except my sweetheart did not order a cover for it. However Carianne and her family have ordered one for me so that will be remedied soon. Other than that I thoroughly enjoy everything about it. My next purchase on my Kindle is going to be - The First 30 Days but Ariane de Bonvoisin. It is a 'self-help' book but with a twist. It is supposed to help people in everything from a moving transition to health problems to trying to lose weight. I thought I might read it to see if we wanted it for our bookgroup. Those scenarios cover all of us or situations we find ourselves counseling others in.

No comments: