Monday, March 16, 2009

Monday's Heroes

I am a little late today. I had an appointment to get a bone density test done and was quite anxious about it. Then, about 90 minutes before the test, they had to re-schedule because the equipment was down and the repairmen were coming in today. I was also having a really hard time deciding which of my heroes to choose from. I sit on the stand every Sunday because I lead the music. As I look out over the congregation, I truly realize that almost every sister is my hero and their husbands are usually right in there with them (if they have them).

Today's heroes are Fred and Diane Campagna. Diane is our Primary President and she also teaches dance. Fred is the Chief meteorologist for our local ABC affiliate. They have 3 beautiful children, Alex, Dominic and their youngest is a daughter, Mia. Fred is not a member of the Church and yet if Diane is speaking or the children are speaking or performing - then Fred is there. They are one of the most united and supportive couples/parents that I have ever witnessed in the Gospel or out. Because Fred is not there every Sunday, Diane is by herself. Mia can sometimes be a handful (she is 3) and sometimes needs to be taken out. Alex and Dominic will very quietly stay in the pew and listen, quietly doing whatever it is they do every week. Some children I have observed (not so much in the this ward but in others) will actually beat each other up - especially two little boys when left unsupervised. Not the Campagna boys. They have been taught very well and actually set a very good example for the rest of the children in the ward.

This has been a hard year for Diane. She lost her father and her grandfather within weeks of each other but she is such a trooper. Fred took off work and stayed with the family while she flew home to Nevada and went to funerals and took care of family responsibilities out west. This family is a true example of love and togetherness and I cannot think of a better family to be my heroes this week

1 comment:

Diane said...

Wow! Thanks for the kind words Becky. As we plug away in our day to day lives, it's encouraging to see how our day to day efforts are perceived by others.