Wednesday, August 3, 2011

An Interesting Day

Yesterday, I had my day all planned.  I was going to go and watch a telebroadcast from Salt Lake for Seminary and Institute Teachers at noon and then get the apt. in shape.  I had a rough night because of a cough and sore throat (from a Rx I take that I can't wait to change at the end of Aug.) so my morning had been a bit slow.  Out of nowhere I got a call from Clyde's boss that she was picking me up to take me to Emergency Room because Clyde had been having some chest pain.  Because Clyde office is by the Naval Clinic, they had called a Code Blue and were taking him in an Ambulance.  Bev came and picked me up and Will, Clyde's associate at work, brought the car to the hospital.  After 4+ hours in the Emergency Room, it was decided that there had been no heart attack but they are still concerned.  This is the second time in 2 weeks he has had an episode like this.  Friday Clyde goes to a cardiologist for a stress test and maybe then we can start to get some answers.  I will not even start to speculate.  I haven't spoken with my father yet, so I haven't been able to get his take on this.  I will hopefully be speaking to him today.  Clyde went to work this morning as usual.  He is a little embarrassed because of the fuss made over him yesterday but other than that he is fine.

As for my telebroadcast - I was able to go early last evening and listen to Elder Bednar.  It was incredible and I am so glad that I pushed and went, even though I was so tired from sitting and waiting all day.  Of course I learned so much from the talks given and I am even more excited about teaching seminary now.

5 comments:

Heidi Noel said...

Let us know how Daddy is. We will be more specific in our prayers right now. I thought you said 11 years!?

Grandma Bailey said...

Well since this is not a heart attack like all of his forefathers I think I still have the 12 years! :) This is just simply a puzzle. The cardiologist is talking to him right now because he doesn't know what to think either. It definately was not heart related.

pambelina said...

Why was I not called?

Grandma Bailey said...

We didn't call anyone because we didn't want to worry anyone and your father wanted it downplayed. He is still grumbling about it and what a waste of time it was for nothing. I know there has to be a reason for the pain but I am thinking it leans more to his GERD since he can eat dry toast and drink water and have reflux.

Heather said...

Oh dear that is very scary! I wish I could give Daddy a hug right now. I will keep in my prayers - well we always pray for you two but this will be more specific. I hope they can figure out what is going on with Daddy and he can get better soon.