Tuesday, August 16, 2011

It's Been Too Long

I haven't blogged in forever and now I am frantically trying to get ready to teach seminary.  I thought I would be starting the last week of August but one of my High Schools doesn't start school until after Labor Day.  So we are not starting Sept 12.  I will have to hustle to get the material in if we have snow days this year.  On the other hand they only have the week of the 24th of December off for Christmas Break this year - they start back to school the Monday after New Years!  It is insane but then they get Winter Break in February and at Easter they get Spring Break.  Why one week breaks are better than a big 2 week break at one time is beyond me.  We are still planning on going to Texas so I will just find a substitute.  Sometimes family comes first.

The last couple of weeks have been so busy and yet I feel like I have nothing to show for it.  I feel like a hamster on a squirrel wheel - running all the time and getting nowhere.  It is really a frustrating feeling.  Yesterday morning for the first time, I finally felt like I had time for me and because of that I was able to concentrate on my prayers and scripture reading.  Maybe that is what needed to happen.  I have been doing that but not as well as should have.  I feel calmer today than I have for some time and that is probably why.  It is interesting how something as simple as the scriptures and prayer can put peace and calm back in your life.  As I look back, I am not even sure why I was feeling so frantic.  Oh well.  Life is good.  I know the Lord loves us and His hand is in our life.  I wish there were times He would let me dictate my life instead of Him.  However every time I think I know better - there has been a reason that the Lord has intervened.  So I really am grateful that the Lord's hand is so strongly in my life and the life of my husbands.

No comments: