Thursday, April 7, 2011

Popi and the Girls

When my girls were little, we always had to wait until Popi came home before we could go home.  Popi is the name Carianne gave my father instead of Grandpa.  That seems to be the oldest child's prerogative. There was a ritual that went with Popi coming home.  For some reason when our girls were toddlers - as soon as Popi pulled them on on his lap, they had to empty his shirt pocket.  Being a Doctor, he always had pens, flashlights and thermometers in that pocket, so taking things out one at a time took a while.  Whenever I look at this picture, I think of the girls carefully taking everything out of his pocket.  They also just loved snuggling up on his lap - as you see in this picture.  I have to say that is one of my fondest memories growing up (snuggling on my father's lap in the early mornings as I helped him study when I was a child).

No comments: