Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter

We had a nice Easter.  Our Church meetings were wonderful and then at the end of the meetings on a table in the Cultural Hall, a young, nine-year-old boy named Nicholas Frey had made up these little Easter treats for all of the Primary children (with the help of his mother and soon to be stepfather).  They either had a Chick or a bunny in the center of a shortcake cup covered in frosting and dipped in green coconut.  The chocolate was placed in the center and then jelly beans were nestled in to fill the hole.  He wanted all chicks but could only find so many, so he settled for the bunnies.  He and his mother are Italian and apparently where they are from in Italy, this is one of their traditions for Easter.  It was a sweet gesture from a very kind young man.  As it turned out, he almost made enough for the each ward member to have one.  


The other thing that I noticed was the Easter dress.  I will get on my soap box about Sunday best at some other time, but I was tickled to see quite a few of the children actually had Easter clothes - even if most of the adults didn't even think that way.  I guess I will never get over the idea of Easter as time to change out my wardrobe for Spring and Summer and revamping it a bit.  

No comments: