Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Grandma Brugger

My girls loved their Grandma Brugger when they were little.  Grandma's house was their favorite place to go.  When Carianne was two months old we moved to a housing area called Live Oak that was only 3 miles away from my parents.  We were over there almost every day for at least a little while - especially since the Church was only a block from my parents.  If you think about it, in those days Sunday was Sunday School and Sacrament meeting - two separate meetings.  Then on Tuesday was Relief Society during the day.  Wednesday was YM/YW and Thursday afternoon was Primary.  We were at Church almost every day anyway.  But our girls loved just being at Grandma's.  When my mom was well - which was quite often when the girls were little - she was one of the best grandmothers in the world.  She was always a good grandmother but unfortunately in later years her illness and medications started to slowly take their toll.  I wish I lived closer to my grandchildren.  My daughters' were truly blessed to have their grandparents so close and such a good influence in their lives.

No comments: