Monday, December 7, 2009

Monday's Heroine's

My first heroine is my Aunt Norma. She has been more like a sister than an aunt. We have always been super close. I don't have any pictures of her at all except for this picture. I don't know what has happened to my pictures. Anyway, this is my parents wedding picture. Norma is the young girl in the center left. My parent are in the middle of the picture. This would have been taken on September 13 - not anywhere close to December but Norma's birthday is this week - so I want to honor her. She is my anchor and always has been. I am very grateful to have her in my life.
This is a picture of Celeste Bailey - before she was Collins. She is Clyde's younger sister. She would come over and visit us when we lived in North Carolina because she was in Chapel Hill and we were in Durham - so just 10 miles from each other. I am so glad we had that time to get to know her. I wish we were closer now and had an opportunity to know her family better but I know she is a wonderful wife and mother. She has always been been an amazing example of womanhood. I am very glad to call her my sister.
I wanted this to be the picture I used of Heidi in her younger years last week. When we lived in North Carolina, we decided to do an impromptu re-enactment of the nativity. Carianne, Heather and Heidi were the angels. I whipped up some white costumes for them the day of the program and they used them for nightgowns for several years. I love how Heather looks so reverent and angelic in this picture. It is one of my favorite 'Christmas' pictures of our girls. Heidi would have been just 4 in this picture.
I am thankful for clear roads and good weather; for being there to help people when they need it and that Clyde arrived in Virginia safely.


3 comments:

Heidi Noel said...

Anneke is going to portray THE angel in our Christmas program on Saturday. (Photos and possibly video to come.) She has been practicing "flying" for the last few days.

Katherine said...

Where is Uncle Clyde at in Virginia? Well, if he's still here...

Grandma Bailey said...

He's home. He was in Portsmouth.