Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Tuesday Book Review


For our book group at Church this month we are reading "Snow Flower and the Secret Fan" by Lisa See. I have to say I was hesitant about the book but once I started reading the book I could not put it down - to the point that when I got to the end I actually made Clyde get his own dinner. That is something I very rarely do. But I just could not stop reading the book until I came to the end. It is about a girl named Lily and her lifelong friend, a secret writing that only women know and foot binding in China. This all takes place in what I surmise to be the late 1700's or early 1800's but I couldn't find an exact time for the dynasties - though I tried. It doesn't matter - it was an incredible tale of heartfelt love and betrayal. I highly recommend it!
I have also read my China Bayles, Meg Langslow, Death on Demand books along with my 'Quilter's Apprentice' books. I am also reading the newest Kevin Leman book, "What Your Childhood Memories Tell You" and enjoying that. But I only read that book when I am in the sauna at Sedona - so that is slower going. (Don't worry it is a dry sauna so that book is not harmed). I need to read the last of the Thursday Next books but I am kind of waiting to do that one when I finish the Kevin Leman book. I like to read those books slowly. There is too much to absorb to hurry through them.
Things I thankful for - heaters, sweaters, warm slippers, cocoa motion machine, my recliner.

No comments: