Friday, October 16, 2009

Thursday Recipes

I know it is Friday but Thursday got away from me. I decided I had better get the recipes out today before It was time for bed and I hadn't done it again.

Bake Frittata

1/4 finely chopped bell pepper
1/2 cup cooked, diced ham
4 eggs
1 Tablespoon milk
1/4-1/2 cup shredded cheese

Heat oven to 375 degrees. In a bowl combine the eggs and milk and mix until foamy. Add salt and pepper to taste and if desired up to 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard. Mix well. Add the bell pepper and ham and mix well. Spray a pie plate with non-stick cooking spray and pour the mixture into the pie pan. (Make sure the ham and cheese are distributed evenly throughout the the pan). Bake for 22-27 minutes - until the frittata is puffy and a knife inserted towards the center come out clean. Serves 2-3 generously.

** Note: Any breakfast meat can be used in this. I frequently use bacon or sausage. You can also add green onion, mushrooms, diced cooked potato - in other words if you like it in your omelet - add it to this. This is a great meal when you are in hurry but want a good breakfast. It doesn't take that long to prepare and while you are getting ready - it is baking in the oven. It doubles and triples easily - just move up to a 9x13 pan or large baking sheet when multiplying the recipe.

German Apple Pancakes

4 eggs
3/4 cup flour
3/4 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 medium apples, thinly sliced
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon {mix the cinnamon and sugar together}

Heat oven to 400 degrees. Beat eggs, flour, salt and baking soda together. Add 1 teaspoon of the cinnamon sugar and mix it well. Set aside. Spray two pie pans with non-stick cooking spray. Arrange the apple slices on the bottom of the pans. Sprinkle with 2 Tablespoons of the cinnamon sugar, evenly over the apples in the pan. Stir the batter up and pour it evenly over the apples in the pie pans. Sprinkle the remaining sugar over the batter in the pans. Bake uncovered until a knife comes out clean in the center - 20-25 minutes. Serve warm from the oven or at room temperature.

** Note: Recipe can be cut in half to feed 2 very generously!

Things I am thankful for, cocoa motion machine, cozy blankets, an exercise bike so I don't have to leave the apartment today, hot chocolate!

2 comments:

Heidi Noel said...

I am glad you like your cocoa machine. I will probably try the pancakes, but I still don't like frittata or quiche.

Cari said...

I LOVE the german apple pancakes - they are my favorites! I made them for Carl's family and not one single person liked them. It was truly a sad day.