Friday, October 2, 2009

It's Been Too Long

Pam, Elise, Me and Clyde in our miniscule living room.
Pam, Elise, Me and Teresa

I have been sitting on these pictures WAY too long. On Labor Day Weekend, Clyde and I had the most company we have ever had since we moved to Rhode Island (and we have now lived here longer than we lived in Ephraim!). Pam and her son Dutch came to visit and so did Elise Cannon (there is no other way of claiming her than saying she is like my fifth daughter) and her friend Teresa. We had so much fun! Pam and Dutch came on Friday and we had had a really amazing weekend. Then Elise and Teresa came Sunday Evening and stayed at our friends house (Gary and MaryAnn Kohl's) Sunday night and came for breakfast Monday morning. Clyde, Pam and I are dressed for the Newport Ward Labor day picnic. Elise and Teresa went to see the Newport Mansions (where movies like High Society and the Great Gatsby have been filmed). But for the few hours we spent together we laughed and had an amazing time with Elise and Teresa. Basically we picked up with Elise where we left off. She is such a part of our family. I am sure if we ran into her parents it would be the same way. Her mom and dad are very special to us - which is why our girls called them Aunt Debbie and Uncle Curt. One day one our daughters asked me how we were related to the Cannons. I told her by love.

2 comments:

Heidi Noel said...

I would love to come and visit you guys. I am not sure how it would work, though. You all look so happy!

Elise said...

Awww....I LOVE these pictures!!! I'm still waiting for some from Teresa. It was SOOO fun seeing you all and being able to chat for a bit. I will have to plan another trip soon. It was so fun having Pam and Dutch there too! What a wonderful trip! Time just goes by way to fast!! Thank you again for everything- XOXO