Friday, November 7, 2008

Sunny Days

I love sunshine - so much so that I nicknamed our oldest daughter Sunshine. (It helped that she has always been such a positive person and the name stuck because of that). For the last 4 days there has not been a glimmer of sun in the area. I am not sure I would know the sun if I saw it at this point. I think that this is one of the reasons I have a hard time with the New England winters. It isn't the snow and it isn't the cold even - it is the lack of sun. This 'girl' who has spent the majority of her life in the Western US where there is an abundance of sun has a hard time not seeing the sun every day. I can go 1 or even 2 days but we will probably not see the sun for at least 2 more days at least - which will make it 6 days since the sun shone in total. Anyone with Seasonal Affective Disorder in this part of the world will start feeling symptoms during November. November is the darkest and dreariest month of the year here. I need to find me a 'happy' lightbulb and put it in our dining room lamp. That should be just enough time each day to keep my spirits up.

Hopefully the sun will shine soon. In the meantime I am going to go and read a book about somewhere Southern, warm and sunny.

1 comment:

Elise said...

Guess what?! We'll bring a little Sun your way :-) Looks like Jessica and I are going to make a pit stop to your ward on Sunday! I don't know how long we can stay because we have committments in our ward...but we're going to the temple tonight and then staying in Newport...and planning to at least go to sacrament meeting in your ward. I'll give you guys a call- if it's not too late...maybe we can touch base tonight. See you soon!!!