Thursday, November 6, 2008

I'm feeling left out

Every blog I have read for the last two days but 1 has been about politics. Every phone call that has come to the apartment has been about politics. I am tired of it. It is time to move on and accept what has taken place. It is time to pray for the new administration, support the new canditates and start badgering senators and representatives to make sure that any promises they made you want them to keep - they do or things you don't agree with - they know about that too. If there is going to be real change in this country it will be through Congress and not through the President. Will a Democrat heavy Congress give a Democrat President everything he wants? Not necessarily. It hasn't worked that way before and once the glamour of the first African-American in office wears off it could be that none of his promises come about. The Democrats were so proud of Jimmy Carter. It was a Democrat heavy Congress when he was in too. Our economic times and gas prices were all over the place. We were in trouble for most of the 4 years because nothing was decided the whole time. Now, however the President does have the right to veto partial bills. He did not have that power during Carter's time. Our country is in a mess. We need to be supportive - just like the 12th Article of Faith says.

Before the election I wrote one email privately to someone. We were on opposite sides of the political poles but I was glad that they expressed their points of veiw to me. They obviously read things differently than I did but that does not make them a bad person. Knowing them, they read far more than I did about things. I have only the internet and TV to rely on. They have magazines, newspapers and the internet. I know that their research into their candidate was probably a much broader search than mine ever was. Once I read their point of view, to be honest I was almost convinced to switch. It was not a charismatic email - just the facts.

We live in a country of freedoms - freedom of speech, freedom to think the way we want too. We believe in free-agency in the Church. That right was exercised on Tuesday. No matter who you voted for - it was the right candidate for you. Now is the time for us to rally together and make this one of the greatest eras in US history.

1 comment:

JJthe1st said...

Hey Mom, you are right about badgering our Congressman and State Rep.. I hope this finds you well. Love you.