Friday, October 3, 2014

It's dark in the mornings and,,,

THEY turned the heat on at work!  I am NOT ready for that.  We need just a few more hours of daylight and don't need any cool nights.  I don't want winter to come.  I don't like winter at all (except for Christmas and that doesn't count).

We did 6 books today and it felt good.  So happy to be working and doing what we were called to do.  However, this evening I am achy all over and wish we had a bathtub.  Just one more thing to look forward too.

I woman from Spain, came in to talk to Jeppe about the computer system and volunteer program at the archive.  As they were coming through, he told her that we were from Family Search.  She immediately stopped and thanked us for taking time out of our lives to do something so valuable for the world.  She gushed about Family Search and how it has helped millions with the genealogy.  I just smiled and nodded.  I am glad she sees the value in all of this.

Mads comes in every morning singing or whistling.  I have learned that when he feels like life is throwing to much at him - that is when he sings and jokes.  He said that sometimes we need to forget what is 'so important' and look at something from the funny side.  I told him if laughing keeps you healthy that he was doing everyone in the office a favor because we laugh at least 3 or 4 times a day because of something Mad says or does.  Mads also told me that he was glad we had let the office group embrace us as equals and friends.  I said that was easy because they are such great people.  It is true.

No comments: