Monday, October 15, 2012

My Weekend

My weekend blew by!  I feel like an atomic bomb blew it up.  Saturday morning was shopping for Sunday and the week.  Clyde and I went to the local SAS shoe store and bought some dress shoes that will last through our mission (and beyond).  He bought some black tie shoes and I bought some red loafers - dressy but comfortable.  Saturday afternoon we came home to call our grandson, Noah Pfiester for his 8th birthday.  I ended up talking to Noah for about 10 minutes and Nathanael for over 45 minutes!  It was one of the most fun conversations I have had with a grandchild in a long time.  It was almost as good as being there.  We had a bit of confusion with Carianne though.  I asked to speak to their mom and the boys told me she was busy getting Noah's party ready.  I told them we needed to go - mostly because I felt like the boys should be helping Carianne not talking to me.  Carianne called back as soon as Nathanael hung up.  She wasn't too busy to talk and we had a wonderful long visit.  With her home schooling and the family scheduled like it is - it is hard to know when to call her nowadays. 

Sunday was so spiritual that I was drained by last night.  For our Sacrament Meeting, I had chosen "A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief" for the Intermediate hymn.  I had selected 4 of the 7 verses and called it good.  The first speaker was a sister from Bolivia.  Her talk was beautiful but only last 5 minutes.  The counselor stood up and said we would be singing all the verses of the intermediate hymn!  I got to the last two verses and started to cry.  The spirit hit me so strong because of the history of the song and words of the hymn.  That is the morning spiritual experience.  Then at noon, Clyde and I left to go to Boston for the Boston Temple Devotional.  Elder Neil L. Andersen of the Quorum of the Twelve and his wife were the keynote speakers.  This is also the last devotional for the current Boston Temple Presidency, so we heard from the new President, and the retiring Presidency and their wives.  That was very spiritual and uplifting.   Then last night the Elders came by to help Clyde give me a blessing.  Tomorrow I go in for a colonoscopy.  My history with these kind of tests is not good.  Having 3 kinds of cancer so far, I don't want a 4th.  I was blessed with peace of mind and that there would be no negative results.  

I hate to write such long blogs but this is only 2 days!  What a blessing it was to be able to sit and listen to an apostle of the Lord yesterday.  We are so blessed to have the gospel in our lives and to have temples.  

No comments: