Sunday, October 21, 2012

Happy Birthday Carianne

Today is my oldest daughter's birthday.  We waited and waited for a child and were so thrilled when she finally came. Carianne was born in El Paso, Texas and was the only blonde in the nursery.  When people came to visit me - anyone and everyone knew she was ours.  Her most distinguishing feature for the first few weeks was her blonde hair that stuck straight up.  I lovingly called her 'Woodstock' after the little bird in the Peanuts cartoons but my mother soon started calling her 'Sunshine' and the name stuck forever more.  

I cannot believe it has been 35 years since her birth.  It has been quite a ride!  We love you Carianne and hope you have a wonderful birthday.  We also hope that this year brings peace and contentment.  {I hope to find some fun pictures but I am currently writing this at Church with no access.  So for right now, this will have to do.}

1 comment: