Tuesday, January 10, 2012

We are Home!

 While we were in Texas, Pam, Chris, Dutch and Dane came down from Sandy, Utah to be with everyone for a few days.  I have other pictures but I thought I would start my blog with this one.  It is the only picture I have of all of the grandchildren I had there.  I was sad because I didn't think I had one!  I was so thrilled when I downloaded this one this morning and I can see all of them plainly.  This is at the Bass Pro Shop in San Antonio.  If you can't tell - we all had a pretty good time.  Beats an amusement park any day and it is free!  (Well not really - I bought a great pair of shoes and some wonderful black licorice there!)


This is a group picture of everyone as we entered.  Unfortunately it is everyones side views or back but nonetheless it is the group.  We has so much fun.  My favorite memories were how much the Pfiester children watched out for the Davis boys.  I don't think they were ever impatient with Dutch or Dane and they constantly worked at keeping the little ones entertained.  It was wonderful.  At our 'Christmas' Dinner - Dutch was so tired, he literally fell asleep at the table.  He didn't fall asleep in his plate like Bella used too but almost (and yes, there were a few time when Bella would literally fall asleep in her plate when she was little.)  There were occasions when Nathanael would put his arm around Dutch to help him at Carlye's birthday party and Noah would try to let Dutch play with him whenever he could.  For as many children as there were running around - it was a beautifully peaceful time.  Full of joy and love.


After the Davis family left, Noah would pray that Pam and Dutch would come back and Grandma and Grandpa wouldn't have to leave.  We only assume if Dutch and Pam came back that Chris and Dane would too.  My other favorite memory was after Pam and Chris left, Abigail Carpenter - a little girl that is 4 and like a granddaughter to us - came in and asked, "Where is Ditch?"  Carianne and I looked at each other puzzled and then Jodi, her mother said, "She means, where is Dutch?"  We laughed over 'Ditch'.  We don't know if she misunderstood or her little Texas accent got in the way.  


Be patient with me - I have so many pictures to blog - I don't know where to begin.  This barely scratches the surface.  I am going to try and go chronologically.

2 comments:

Cari said...

Love the pictures! And we miss you!

pambelina said...

Ditch! Hilarious!