Monday, January 16, 2012

A Very Belated Birthday to Marcus!

 I literally woke up in the middle of the night last night and realized that I had not blogged about my oldest grandson's birthday!  I am so sorry, Marcus.  I knew your birthday was on the 14th because we called you but for some reason I spaced posting about it.  I kept having a nagging feeling all weekend that I had forgotten something and now I know what it was.  So here we go.  Marcus is my oldest grandson and is 10.  He is the only grandchild that I have lived in that same city as his parents when he was born - in fact he lived just around the corner.  I got to go and see him every day.  I have never been able to do that with any other grandchild.  Then his parents went on for their higher education and moved to Cedar City, Utah.  That was fine because a year later we moved here to Rhode Island.  Marcus is kind and tries very hard to please everyone.  He does have a temper but he works very hard to control it.  I learn a lot when I am around Marcus and I am proud he is my grandson.  Happy Birthday, Marcus!  I hope you have a wonderful year.  (The above picture was  taken at Hogle Zoo last summer over the 4th of July weekend.)

No comments: