Saturday, January 14, 2012

Watching Videos

I think everyone knows that for Christmas, I received a Kindle keyboard and Clyde received a Kindle Fire.  I just wanted a Kindle to replace the one I had because mine would no longer hold a charge (it was going on 3 years old!)  I am now a very happy camper.  My daughters and husband gave me the best gift ever.  Our daugthers also helped with getting the Kindle Fire for Clyde.  He loves it for so many reasons - especially since he can check his email while I am in seminary and take care of his bishop responsibilies.  He loves reading on it and he loves watching movies on it.  I finally got tired of him watching the fun movies he has been able to watch for free and made him share with me today.  By going through the computer instead of the Fire - we were able to watch "Murder by Death" this afternoon.  I forgot the big names in the movie - David Niven, Peter Sellers and others.  The 'bit players' are Alec Guinness and Maggie Smith - though they have parts as big as anyone else.  But at the time they were less well known.  Now they would be the big names because of "Star Wars" and the "Harry Potter" movies.  It is interesting how things change with time.  One of the things I had forgotten about the movie was that it was just filled with puns.  The whole script is nothing but one pun after another.  It was a fun afternoon.

No comments: