Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Happy Birthday Pamela

 Pam in North Carolina at about 18 months.
 Christmas in Kerrville about 1995.
Carianne on the left and Pam in the right and "Queen Bee's Tea Room" in Kerrville, Texas for a combination of Carlye's and Pam's birthdays December 2011.


The whole time I had been pregnant with Pam, her name was going to be Diana Eloie or Cynthia Eloie.  About 2 weeks before she was born Clyde came home and said he like the name, Jenny Rebecca.  I just thought he was telling me he like the name - not that he wanted to name our baby that.  The morning of the day I delivered Pam, and even all day long, I kept thinking the names I had picked out were wrong.  I kept having a nagging feeling I needed to pick out a different name.  I finally actually prayed about it and the name that popped into my head was Pamela.  I hadn't even considered the name until that minute.  I went and spoke to my mom about it.  I have a cousin named Pam that I hadn't seen in years.  I wanted to make sure I wasn't naming my child after someone that she would eventually be ashamed of.  It turned out the Pamela Walton Pepperoni was/is an neonatal nurse and well respected in her hospital.  Later that evening when I held Pam in my arms, I knew her name was Pamela Eloie Bailey.  That is the name I put on the birth certificate.  Clyde says I went behind his back but that story has gained momentum as the years have gone by.  When I suggested Pamela in the delivery room, he said he was fine with it.  


Pamela means 'all honey or golden'.  Pam has been our platinum blonde growing up.  She and Carianne have stayed the lightest of our daughters (our bookends).  There are times Pam's personality can be 'all honey or golden' but she can be full of 'vinegar' like the rest of us too.  Pamela completed our family.  I knew that she would from the first minute I was aware I was pregnant with her.  She has been a blessing, as have all of our daughters are.  Happy Birthday, Pam.  I hope you have a wonderful year.