Thursday, November 24, 2011

I am Thankful For...

...for my heritage.  As I think about Thanksgiving today, I realize that I am who I am today and where I am today in part because of my ancestors and the decisions they made.  I am a citizen of the United States of America because of the choices my great-grandparents made on my father's father's side and my ancestors made generations before in my other lines.  I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints because of decisions my great grandparents, and great-greatgrandparents (+) had made over 100 years ago.  We do live in a great country and at a great time.  Sometimes it is overwhelming when I see all of the negative things happening on the news.  Then I realize - that is what the news wants to dwell on.  For the most part our family and friends are doing quite well - even though the economy is rough right now - we are getting by.  We have family and friends to support each other and help each other.  We are there for each other.  I am thankful for my amazing family - the ones that came before me and the ones that surround me with their love now.  Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: