Sunday, November 20, 2011

I am Thankful For...

...for my Kindle.  I have loved my Kindle from day one.  It has been almost 3 years since I got my Kindle.  Today it wouldn't turn on.  It has been acting up for a while and the battery - when I turn it on - is depleted in minutes.  If I keep the battery off, then I can read for a few hours before depleting the battery.  Today for some reason - even though the battery light is green - it will not turn on at all.  Good thing my new one is coming this week.  I just hope I make it for the next few days without it!  It is truly the best invention ever.  I have loved having a book at my fingertips whenever I have wanted one.  I have loved being able to hold a book with one hand at night a not really move as I cuddle under the covers and read.  I have a friend that was teasing me and telling me that I was going to get carpal tunnel in my thumbs because of all of the page turning they do on my kindle.  It is so minimal that there is no danger of that! 

Amazon has free current releases that I have loved and I have a wide array of authors that I now call favorites that I had never heard of until I had a free book from them.  I have my old classics too that are like old friends to read over and over.  The best thing about the Kindle is the books don't take up space.  In our tiny apartment that is a big deal.  I am very thankful for my Kindle.

No comments: