Wednesday, November 9, 2011

I am Thankful For...

...my amazing hairdresser.  Mariana is fun and has been my hairdresser for 7 years.  The only time she has not cut my hair was when I had my surgery and I couldn't get out for a few months.  Then a friend from the ward came in and did my hair for me.  Mariana has told me so much about her family that I could probably go and visit one of their dinners and know who was who and how things worked within the family.  She is so much fun.  Today is my 3rd of 9 free haircuts for a year.  I am looking forward to a fun visit with a good friend.

I have to say one thing I am not thankful for - being so far away from family.  This is ongoing with me.  I want to be close in proximity to grandchildren.  I so envy the people that get to have family close for all of the holidays or can just run down for a weekend.  It was so wonderful when the Davis' lived in Pennsylvania and we could literally take off and go for a few days.  Life moves on and pretty soon we will be around family - I hope.

1 comment:

pambelina said...

I miss being so close to you too.