Saturday, January 29, 2011

Grandma Sarah Tuttle

Tomorrow or the next day is my grandmother, Sarah Anne Sessions Nielson Tuttle's birthday.  Though she has long passed to the other side, those of us who knew her, remember her and try to live up to the legacy that was hers.  She was an amazing woman.  She was widowed twice, once when her oldest daughter was 10 and her youngest was only 3. Yet she still made a pretty good living for her three daughters as a Home Extension Agent for different counties in Utah and eventually working for an insurance company in a similar capacity in Salt Lake City.  That is where she met the man that I came to know as Grandpa Tuttle and how we became shirt-tail relatives to the amazing Tuttle family.  The above picture is a picture of the 'Nielson Family' when my mother was little.  It is my grandfather, LuDeal Nielson, my Grandma Sarah (or Omi as she came to be called by the family) and my mother, Carolyn.  I have no idea how old Mom was in this picture but the mystery of some of our children and grandchildren not having hair for a while has been answered!

No comments: