Sunday, January 30, 2011

A Day at the Zoo

When we lived in Texas, we always had a yearly pass to the zoo.  We would pick up and go whenever we wanted and that was quite often.  Sometimes we would stay for 45 minutes and other times for hours.  This trip we decided to to pick up my niece, Christina Dittmar and take her with us.  I think this was in Christina's phase when she was calling herself "Nina Nina Ballerina".  She would only wear dresses and they had to have full skirts so they spun around.  This was taken by an elephant statue in the zoo - which interestingly enough is by the elephants.  My girls were horsing around and posing and Christina stepped up and posed too.  I loved the moment and love the picture.  I have to say that trip to the zoo is still one of my favorite memories because we had a little one with us.  Little children and zoos just go hand in hand.  (Pam is sitting on the elephant and acting like the monkeys on monkey island across from the elephants.  Love you Pam!  I think this Pam's Gilbert Grape phase.)

No comments: