Monday, December 20, 2010

This and That

The first picture was a Christmas we spent with the Plaut's.  That is their little boys in the picture and their rocking horse in the foreground.  This is  a continuation of the marvelous 'kitchen' Christmas that I had.  They were transferring out and Mom and Dad opened their home to them.  Turns out they were Jewish but didn't practice their faith.


The bottom picture is the Poinsettia bush in  our backyard in San Antonio.  It used to be much warmer in San Antonio and much dryer.  Things like Christmas cactus and Poinsettia's and even Amaryllis grew all over in people's gardens.  You don't see that much any more.  It is too cool in the winters.  That is Marianne and me in the picture.  The doll I am holding in my arms is 'Baby Nancy'.  I am not sure where I came up with that name but that is what her name always was

2 comments:

pambelina said...

I like your blue jammies. I wish I had some just like them (only in my size).

Grandma Bailey said...

We always received new pajamas for Christmas so we could come down in them on Christmas morning. Mom envisioned taking pictures in them every year as we opened presents. Dad - not so much. These pajamas were during Mom's blue phase. While we lived in San Antonio the first time - her favorite color was blue. She didn't go for pink and gold until the after I was married. I remembered being surprised that she did her bedroom pink and gold because up to that point it had always been blue.