Sunday, April 5, 2009

"Bad Day"

No I have not had a bad day (a bad week because of a really rotten cold but not a bad day). I just wanted to write about the song. There is a song called "Bad Day" that every time I hear it I cry. It isn't a sad song and most people that know that song will probably wonder what is wrong with me. It is because of my beautiful granddaughter, Isabella Lou. It was her favorite song when she about 3. Every time she heard it she would start singing along as loud as she could, whether in the car, at home or in the store. Now whenever I hear the song, I think of Bella and I tear up. I will never be able to hear that song and not associate it with her. I miss her and I am sure it is even worse because I miss her and her family so much - especially during this time of year. For some reason this was the time of year we always went to visit. The next visit to their house will be a long time coming. Okinawa is not right around the corner.

No comments: