Monday, December 1, 2008

Monday's Heroine - Our daughter Heidi

Today is Heidi's birthday so what better heroine than her. Heidi's was an easy delivery. My mother didn't believe I was 'hurting' enough to be having a baby and wouldn't take me to the hospital. Dr. Forks finally called and told my mom to bring me in. I arrived at the Hospital and 20 minutes later I was holding Heidi in my arms. Mom even said that I would be sent home and shouldn't be messing up a hospital bed. When I delivered Heidi the Dr wanted me to call Mom and say, "See - it wasn't a waste of time!" from the delivery room but we decided we could wait a few minutes. The funny thing about that evening is that Dad and Omi had wanted me to go to the symphony with them. I had the baby before they came home from the symphony.

Heidi has always been that easy going. She slept through the night really early and really tried hard not be any trouble. She was a good student and now she is a good wife and good mother (as all our daughers' are). I really am amazed at what incredible mothers we have raised.

Heidi is not afraid to try new things. She analyzes the situation and sometimes with fear and trepidation she steps out into the unknown but she does it. I am always amazed how she overcomes her fears and does things she doesn't want to do or things that frighten her. Other people might run away from the challenge but Heidi faces them. I am proud to be the mother of Heidi Noel Bailey Bahlmann.

2 comments:

Heidi Noel said...

Thank you. I love you and am thinking of you.

Cari said...

And I am very proud to be the big sister as well.