Sunday, December 14, 2008

Book Review

Several years ago Heidi gave me the book, The Autobiography of Santa Claus As told to Jeff Guin. I have enjoyed it so much that last year I bought The Great Santa Search and How Mrs. Santa Saved Christmas by the same author. Each book is told in 24 chapters - one for each day before Christmas. I have started reading The Autobiography... every year and then another Christmas book. These are wonderful books. The historical facts in them are really interesting and fun. I am a history buff anyway so they are really a fun read to me. The story of Santa is great besides. I am starting to get more in the Christmas Spirit as I read these books. Next year I am starting earlier.

The other thing I have decided that has helped with my Christmas Spirit is reading the Ensign. I forget every year how that helps with the Spirit of the Season until I start my reading. What a blessing that is. But then we are blessed to have anything more than the Bible to read. For many years that is all any family had -if they had that. I look at my walls of books and think how truly blessed we are to have so many choices just in our home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Heidi Noel said...

(I would erase the above comment if I was you.) Anyway, I am glad that you finally have a picture and enjoy the book I gave you still. I knew you would. We haven't gotten our Christmas Ensign or Friend yet and it makes me sad. I have been meaning to call.