Sunday, September 30, 2012

General Relief Society Broadcast

Last night was one of the most spiritual experiences I have had in a long time.  Last year I loved Pres. Uchtdorf's "Forget Me Not" talk.  It will apparently be one of those that will be important and memorable for quite some time.  The sad thing is I cannot remember one thing that Sister Beck said.  I always felt like I was being scolded by her.  I felt that whenever she spoke, I was not measuring up.  For some reason I never connected with the last General Relief Society Presidency.  I kept my opinions to myself until now but there are so many others that felt the same way.  I know of sisters that won't even attend ward Relief Society now, because they didn't like the General Relief Society Presidency.  I keep reminding them we have a new one and to give them a chance.  I hope they do.  For the first time in a long time, as our new General Relief Society Presidency stood and spoke, I related to something each of them said.  I didn't feel like I was being chastised but I felt like I was being taught principles of the gospel in a kind and loving way.  President Eyring's talk spoke of Visiting Teaching in a way that made you proud to be a Visiting Teacher and want to fulfill that stewardship.  It was a beautiful and wonderful meeting.  If you didn't make see the broadcast last night for whatever reason, please watch it soon.  What you will learn is that we are all daughters of our Heavenly Father and He loves us - no matter what.  My thoughts on this new Relief Society Presidency?  We are in for a softer, gentler way from what I listened to last night.  I respond better to that.  These are sisters I would want to be friends with.  The whole current presidency seems to be sisters that I will whole heartedly listen to and take counsel from.  People who know me well know I am pig headed and I have to like you to  listen to you.

No comments: