Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Stumbling Along

The last few days, I felt like everything I touch crumbles.  I have been working hard to get my body fit for a mission and no matter how hard I work it - it rebels against me and refuses to do what I want it to do.  There are so many days that my arthritis is so bad, I can barely walk.  I had hoped that by this point I would be having more good days than bad.  That isn't the case.  I faithfully do my exercises and eat correctly, yet have been stuck at the same weight for 2 months.  It is so frustrating.  I know it is because my body is tired of dieting.  I have abused it too long (most of my life).  Now when I am doing something very healthy - it doesn't quite want to believe me.

Today, I went to have some blood work done and it took 1 1/2 hours at the lab.  Fortunately I took some knitting.  I almost completed the project, while the poor lab tech tried to make heads or tails out of what was required.  It was work that needed to be done in order to proceed on our mission papers.  Yesterday I made my colonoscopy appointment and she said one date and wrote down another!  I would  have gone in a week too soon if I hadn't called back to clarify.  Imagine all that prep for nothing!

Nothing would make me happier than to fix things.  I would love to offer advice and know that what I would say would miraculously fix situations or problems.  I am learning that more often than not, what I say is more harmful than helpful.  Keeping my mouth shut and my opinions to myself is not in my nature but something I need to make part of me.

Happy birthday to Sara Warne - a most amazing sister-in-law.  We love you and are so glad you are ours!  Have an amazing year and take care of yourself!

No comments: