Sunday, September 23, 2012

Pondering

I just read one of my daughter's blogs about a service project that went kind of awry.  I had several projects that went that way when I was in Young Women's and the Relief Society.  Sometimes I wonder what parents are thinking - or are they thinking when when they drop their children off for several hours with 45 minutes worth of paraphernalia.  

This sent me off on another thought almost immediately.  Clyde and I have a family that Clyde home teaches that the husband has been in the hospital this last year more than he has been home.  We have tried hard to be there for both the wife and husband but have we done all that we could?  If something happened to Clyde, would my home teacher be there?  Who would I call?  It isn't that our home teacher isn't a great guy - it is that he is physically not here much but off with is wife visiting grandchildren.  Clyde works a job and I don't always have a car.  I feel like sometimes I need to be doing more but I am not sure how or what.  How much do I do before I become intrusive?  How much is too little?  I disable myself on occasion because I don't want to take over.  I have done too much of that in my life and too many people have resented me for that.  How do I find a happy medium?

On a fun note - a  brother spoke in church today that knew my father from San Antonio.  He grew up in San Antonio and lived in the other stake his Senior year of HS before leaving the area.  We had a great time talking about all the people we love.

No comments: