Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Continuing Our First Day in Utah

 We have said a lot of how cottony Mallory's hair is.  This is good shot of her hair.  I loved rubbing it whenever I held her.  There was no getting it to lay down!
 Here she is helping Grandpa open presents.  Pretty soon she was in his lap helping.  They quickly bonded and were friends the rest of the trip.
This is Pam and Dutch reading one of the books Dutch got for his birthday.  When the Bahlmann's arrived, Dutch called everyone to attention and the started making announcements.  The problem was no one could understand what he was saying because he kept getting louder or softer every time we asked for clarification but it was funny.  I think he was laying down the house rules.  We loved our trip.  Everyday Clyde, Dutch and Chris would set up an elaborate track for Thomas the Tank Engine that would take up the living floor.  I wish I had brought my battery charger for my camera so I could have taken pictures of it.  Some of the twists and turns were quite amazing - Dutch would start first and it always astonished me how it was always different.  He just might grow up to be some kind of an engineer.

No comments: