Monday, January 25, 2010

Monday's Heroines

This weeks heroines were easy because two of my favorite people in the world are having birthdays this week. My first heroine is Doreen Brugger. I have known Doreen for almost 14 years. She is a blessing in so many people's lives. She sees needs where others don't and quietly steps in and fills it. When Heidi and Andy were married, the girls I had arranged to come and help in the kitchen never showed up. Doreen, my father and Clyde's sisters kept things running smoothly. This is just a very small instance. When Doreen and my father were married, the line was wrapped around the building twice - there were so many well-wishers for them. We are truly blessed to have her in our family. I am so grateful that she if there for Dad.
Christina Marie Dittmar is my other heroine. Since the day that Christina was born, we have been best friends. Christina has had many transformations through the years. For a while she was 'Nina Nina Ballerina' and then she was 'Tina 5' - now she is just Christina or Tina but when I am teasing her - still fall back on the labels she gave herself. Christina is beautiful, full of life and lives in the same apartment I lived in at Snow College! She is a joy to be around. When I ask her to do something - it is always willingly and quickly done. I wish I lived closer to her but I love her very much. She and her sisters are as loved as additional daughters to me.

1 comment:

Julianna said...

Those are two of my heroines too. I am so glad Doreen is a part of our family and I am so thankful Tina is my sister. I love them both so much! And I love you Aunt Beckie!!!