Thursday, January 21, 2010

Faith in God for Girls and Muddy Buddies

Intrguing title isn't it? Tonight for Faith in God for Girls we were supposed to have a guest teacher but currently she is overwhelmed with a new job and going to school fulltime along with being a wife, mother and grandmother and counselor in the RS Presidency. I excused her until she gets on top of things. But then MaryAnn and I had to come up with an idea. We decided we would work on the Articles of Faith and then take each girl out and have them work on a step of an easy recipe. The recipe we decided on was 'Muddy Buddies'. Only problem with that is neither one of us have ever made them before. So I called Heidi and she helped me with the finer points. The girls loved tonights activity. Most of them passed off the first 3 Articles of Faith, one up to the #4, plus they got to nibble on their wonderful creation. They were in heaven. So what I think we will do is a simple recipe like this every month while we learn the Articles of Faith. The first week will be craft and the third week will be the Articles of Faith until most of the girls have them memorized. Here is the recipe for Muddy Buddies. You can also find it on the back of Rice Chex cereal.

Muddy Buddies
6 cups Rice Chex Cereal (or your favorite Chex cereal)
1-12 ounce package of semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups peanut butter
1/2 cup butter
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups powdered sugar

Melt the chocolate chips, butter and peanut butter in a large bowl in the micorwave until smooth - stirring every 30 seconds. Add the vanilla. Pour in the cereal. Coat well. Pour one cup of the powdered sugar in a Gallon zip-loc bag. Pour as much of the mixture as fit in the bag - it should all go in. Add the rest of the powdered sugar. Shake the bag well. Pour into a bowl and enjoy!

3 comments:

Heidi Noel said...

I am glad it went well. No need for stress.

Holly said...

I love Muddy Buddies! I think doing simple recipes is a great idea for activities with the girls.

Katherine said...

I have a memory of at least one of your girls making muddy buddies with us. But I can't remember which one it was! I'm thinking Carianne, but I'm not positive. I just remember being so excited and loving Muddy Buddies so much.