Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Sad News

Last night my dad called to tell me that Jim Braithwaite had passed away. He had been ill since we moved to Rhode Island and it was a blessing but still to have someone my age die is quite jarring. I have known Jim my whole life. When I was young and we would visit Grandma and Grandpa Tuttle, Kallene Keller would come over with Marsha Hansen and we would play. Jim would always show up to tease us. I found him annoying but Kallene thought he was wonderful. When we moved to Ephraim my sophomore year of High School, Jim, Kallene and Marsha were there to welcome me. Kallene and Jim were married the summer after Clyde and I were married. Jim was the pharmacist in Manti until the the year before moved from Utah - he knew his health was failing then. He sold the pharmacy but before he did that Kallene was able to do Heidi and Heather's flowers for their wedding. Jim has always been a good friend as Kallene has. They have always been a couple - I cannot imagine what a hole this is leaving in her life. What a comfort the gospel and eternal marriage must be to her right now.

Francine Steck also passed away last week after a long battle with cancer. When we moved to Ephraim, her husband was a counselor in the Stake Presidency and then they went on a mission to the Joseph Smith Birthplace in Sharon, Vermont. When Clyde and I went to visit there 3 years ago, the Steck imprint was still felt. I asked if anyone remembered them and not only were they remembered but I was shown gardens they had started and projects started under their guidance. By that time they had been gone almost 5 years. I will always remember Sister Steck for her positive outlook and for the love she shared with everyone.

I am thankful for temples, eternal marriage, my husband, family love and family support.

1 comment:

Heidi Noel said...

Penny Brown said there was a lot of sadness in the area lately. She mentioned a car accident and other things.