Monday, September 21, 2009

Monday's Heroes






David and Alison Burke will be my heroes today. No matter when I saw Alison the 4 days we were there - she was smiling just like she is in the pictures. There were situations that happened that upset me but she calmly took them in stride and smoothed ruffled feathers. She is truly an amazing young woman. Both Alison and David are very secure in themselves, therefore they are secure as a couple. Alison knew what she wanted in a wedding and that is what she had. Others tried to tell her how to do things but she very kindly but firmly explained how she imagined her wedding would be - and that is how it was. You hear about 'bridezilla's' and I have even met a few - but Alison was not one of them. I never saw her lose her temper or become upset even when I thought she had full rights to be.
Thursday David and Alison fly to Thailand so David can teach in a university there. They will be gone for a year. Even if the teaching job falls through, they will travel around for as long as their money holds out. I admire them for being so adventurous.
Things I am thankful for today - Doctors, pharmacists, antibiotics, priesthood blessings and friends that can give those blessings. For those of you that don't know it - Clyde has been really sick since we got home and has missed 3 days of work and Church yesterday - something he never does!

1 comment:

Cari said...

Oh, I didn't know that daddy was sick! Give him lots of hugs and kisses from the kids and I!