Monday, September 28, 2009

Monday's Heroine's

Dena Brugger and the blond is Danny, the closest is Bobby - my nephews.
My sister, Marianne and her cat named, Kitty - with all the canning she has done this year.

Julianna with her fiance, Jared just after he gave her the diamond ring.

Today is an easy choice for my heroine's. Today is my sister, Marianne's birthday so I will honor her first. I must admit my earliest memories are not of her but of Mom being pregnant with her. I loved it because Aunt Norma was there to take care of us. My mother had horrible pregnancies and became terribly ill the whole time. I remember laying on the floor with Aunt Norma and fantasizing about the new baby and how much fun it was going to be to have a baby in the house - I was only 2 1/2 when Marianne was born - so you probably think this memory is one that the family implanted later but when I described the scenery to my Aunt she marveled that I really did remember. We were in San Antonio trying to stay cool in an un-air conditioned house in the heat of the summer.


Marianne has been my best friend my whole life. Whenever we moved, we always had each other. We of course had the little tiffs that sibling have, but fortunately nothing major. She has truly always been my BEST friend my whole life. Her daughters' are an extension of my family. I love them as much as I love my own - which segues into the my next heroine - Julianna.


Julianna's birthday is tomorrow. Marianne made a conscious decision for Julianne to be born on the 29th so Julianna would have her own birthday. My favorite memory of Julianna was when she cried because she was hurt when she was little she would cry and say, "Owee, owee, owee!" in this wailing tone. Her cousins do it when they want attention to this day but we all know it was learned from Julianna. Julianna has grown to become a selfless, gracious, beautiful young woman who is going to be married in the San Antonio temple in December. I am looking forward to her wedding.


My third heroine is my sister-in-law, Dena Brugger. I admire her greatly for being married to my brother Bob. She and Bob have two beautiful sons, Bobby and Danny and seem so happy together. I have not heard my brother this happy when I talk to him in years so I know on his end he is happy. I hope he is making Dena happy because she is the kind of woman that deserves the best. We are so happy to have her be a part of our family. Her birthday is also tomorrow - so Happy birthday Dena!


I am thankful for sisters, nieces, Relief Society (if you missed the General Relief Society broadcast then listen to it online or read the talks - they were wonderful!), music and sunshine!

2 comments:

Marianne said...

Beckie, you make my cry. You have always been my best friend. I suppose that is one blessing of only having one sister, but I think we would have been best friends anyway. I am sure your memory of Aunt Norma is right, because you NEVER forget ANYTHING. I love you.

Julianna said...

Thank you so much Aunt Beckie! I love you!!!