Sunday, September 28, 2008

Sunday

It has been a long time coming but I love Sunday again. When I was growing up, I looked forward all week for Sunday to come. That was the day I was with my closest friends and felt the best. It was a day I would be able to spend with my dad most of the time and it was just the best day of the week. And then I had 4 little girls under the age of 5. Suddenly Sunday wasn't as much fun anymore. In fact for years I dreaded Sunday. However gradually, Sunday started becoming a day of joy and peace again. It seemed to get that way as our daughters' grew and were able to take care of themselves.

For the last month I have not been able to attend Sacrament meeting (or any Church meetings) because of having arthroscopic surgery on my left knee. Today for the first time I was able to attend Sacrament and lead the singing again. It was like coming home. To see the faces of the people I love and be back in their presence was joy. It makes me want to try harder to get better faster so that after General Conference I can attend all my meetings. The other thing about the Church is the way people step up to help each other. We are so lucky to have members that willing to help out no matter what. Frankly, I am lucky to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints! I thank the Lord every day for this wondrous blessing.

The other interesting thing about Sunday is watching my husband as bishop. He is an amazingly wonderful bishop and I am very proud of him. I have something of a curse in that I can see people for who they are. People that manipulative or whatever - 90% I can read them right. Most of the time Clyde and other people don't believe me. I must say that I feel bad when I am proven right most of the time. I love to be proven wrong because I feel like I always see the bad in people and not the good. Clyde on the other hand has the ability to see the good before he ever sees a fault in a someone. They have to prove themselves over and over to have shortcomings before he truly sees it. I try to be like him but my 'judgmental' side somehow always wins out. However because of this never jumping to conclusions - Clyde is an excellent bishop. He is a blessing to our ward.

2 comments:

Heidi Noel said...

I still love Sundays, but I have been spoiled. 90% of the time my children are well behaved and let me listen. Luke is getting to the active stage, so that may not last much longer, though.

Elise said...

YEA for Sundays! I'm glad you had the chance to go today- I'm sure that was really special! I will look your phone number up and give y'all a call- hopefully this weekend. I leave early in the morning for Philadelphia for 4 days, then hopefully my traveling will slow down. I'm excited that you're close too!! It's nice to know there is an extension of my family close by :) especially since the rest of them are so far away now! Enjoy the rest of your Sabbath...XOXO