Tuesday, April 21, 2015

The 'Raadhus' Reception

We had our reception at the Raadhus today and it was way over the TOP!  First of all there were 125 people there and I did know most all of them at least by sight.  It was about 1/2 LDS and 1/2 archive workers.  Jeppe and Elisabeth put together an incredible program.  The mayor gave us a wonderful tribute then the archive gave Clyde and I each keys to the city and the city gate and a pass so we can come to Copenhagen at anytime (it is basically a free pass to come in the gate).  We were given all sorts of gifts.  Royal Copenhagen ornaments and a beautiful set of Danish Modern clock, thermometer and barometer that I will have to find a place of honor in our new home.  Elisabeth was a bit concerned because the thermometer is in Celsius but I would not change a thing.  I could tell when I saw them that she had picked them out.  The other volunteers a the archive gave us some magnets of the city and the Stake President and Torbin (the person that sets up new work for Family Search) gave us gourmet chocolates.  Our sweet Vannessa gave us flowers and our Branch president gave us a picture book of Copenhagen that I will enjoy looking at with the grandchildren.

The food was peanut butter and jelly sandwiches with Oreos and root beer.  They bought 24 cans of root beer and I don't think an American got one.  No one we knew had ever heard of root beer and they were intrigued.  Lars said it tasted like his grandmother smelled - whatever that means.  It was a wonderful, very overwhelming day.

No comments: