Thursday, April 23, 2015

Our Last day at work

Here is a picture of our keys to the gate and city of Copenhagen.  The passes next to the keys are original antique passes that were issued in the late 1700's and early 1800's.  Our names are on them and everything.  The pillow is from a past princess in the Danish Monarchy and was borrowed from the Copenhagen City Museum to present these treasures to us on.

Mayor Ebbesen with Clyde and me in the entrance of the huge hall in the Raadhus called the 'town hall'.  Mayor Ebbesen apologized to me when he first arrived and said he would not be able to stay much past his speech.  He stayed almost to the end of the reception.  No one had every known him to do that kind of thing before.

Today we said goodbye to our family for the last 18 months.  I felt like I was saying goodbye to my sisters, sons and daughter.  The card the IT techs gave us with our gift said, "Dear Mom and Dad..."  It was a hard day but I didn't have my heart wrenching cry until I got home.  This has been a wonderful mission - the perfect mission for Clyde and me.  I hope we have served in a way pleasing unto our Heavenly Father and loving Savior.

The gift our 'children' gave  us from the IT department is a pillow with our archive family picture on it.  The silly picture on one side and the more serious picture on the other.  Perfect gift.  Bo said that every time we lay on it we will get a hug from them.  A great day.

No comments: