Saturday, July 27, 2013

When I was in YW

When I was in Young Women, we had Beehives, Mia Maids and Laurels and the organization was actually called MIA (hence Mia Maid).  I was sorting through some last minute things we had strung around and one was a small box of pictures and mementos.  In that box was "The Spirit of the Hive" on a small card.  As I read through this little motto we recited every week - I was astonished at how close it resembled the YW motto that they recite now.  We think there are such big changes and yet when you look between the lines, the changes are subtle.  I found that fascinating.  My daughters and nieces learned the same things that my sister, Marianne and I learned - just in a different way. 

We are living in an empty apt.  There is the bed, 2 bedside tables in our room, a computer desk (that I have loved, Pam and Chris) and our recliners.  We are going to try and stay here until Tuesday when they pick up the trailer.  I don't want to be too far away from our stuff.  Where we are right now, we could hear someone monkeying with it.  Today Clyde has to clean out our storage stuff in a basement across the compound.  We had a friend bring his truck to do it yesterday but it was pouring and didn't make sense.  Thankfully he and another friend helped take out the bulk of what was left in the apt.  Today I sort through spices and start giving food away.

No comments: