Sunday, October 9, 2011

A Special Weekend

Saturday a couple from our ward were sealed in the temple as a family to each other and then their son, Matthew.  To make it all possible, some of the young couples asked me if I would mind watching children.  Of course I didn't.  Originally I was supposed to watched 9 with 2 other sisters helping off and on the whole time but it ended up that I watched 3 children with 3 sisters for the first few hours and then 2 children with another sister helping.  At one time we had 5 adults and 4 children but then two went off to the sealing.  I was planning on attending the sealing but Kaitlin all of the sudden became very clingy and begged me to stay with her.  She didn't know the Rick's and was suddenly very shy.  It turned out it a good thing I stayed because with 2 babies and 2 - 3 year old's - it was a good thing we had that many arms.  The kids were pretty tired by the end of the day but because they had so many loving arms around them, there weren't extended meltdowns and things went really well.  All of the children know me because I have held them and loved them since they were babies.  I am part of their lives.  There is one baby boy that cries every time he sees my husband, Clyde.  Matthew Freel (not the one that was sealed - another Matthew), cries every time my husband says 'hi' to him.  It hurts Clyde's feeling and none of us know why Matthew is afraid of him.  If I hold him and talk to Clyde with Matthew in my arms, he is fine - but on his own - it is not okay.  We did notice that he was having a hard time with one of our Elders yesterday too, so it must might be a faze.

My payoff - the best Mexican food I have had since I have been in New England!  It was a bit mild but still wonderful!  I ate way too much but it was so worth it.  I now have a favorite restaurant in Boston!  Sometimes life gives us fun little surprises. 

No comments: