Monday, October 24, 2011

Memory Monday

This is a picture of me as a witch when I was 6 in San Antonio, Texas on Halloween for a school party.  I always insisted on wearing red shoes to school so I know that the shoes I am wearing are red but the the dress was black and I loved this costume.  I was able to wear it two years.  It was one of my favorite costumes.  My mother worked hard on it.  You couldn't go to the store and buy a quality costume when I was young - or when our daughters were young for that matter.  I cried when I couldn't fit in it anymore.  There was a clown costume that I wore, my brother and sister wore and Carianne wore at the age of 1.  I have no pictures of anyone ever wearing it.  Pretty sad.  By the time Carianne wore it, all of my cousins had worn it  too and it was 26 years old.  It was falling apart and the fabric was so rotten we couldn't save it anymore.

No comments: