Friday, June 7, 2013

Around Newport

When I first got my new camera, I was playing with it and these are the pictures that I took.  We are better friends now.  I had just upgraded from a VW bug to a Cadillac and didn't know what I was doing.  This is a picture of the Newport Bridge from the park by Clyde's office.  Since it is on base - this view is not what people usually see.

 These are some of the flowers that bloomed in our apartment complex.
 Trees in bloom by the old Naval Hospital.  The hospital is just an abandoned building now.  It is a pity no one can come up with a use for it and since it is on Naval Property - it can't be sold.
 There is an old military fort - Fort Adams - in Newport.  It is from the Revolutionary War era.  This is an old bridge taken from the fort and across the bay.
 A view of the Newport Bridge from the other side.  Just as I snapped this picture, someone popped up from below the seawall.

 Another view of the Newport bridge.  This is from Clyde's office park.
 This city of Newport from Fort Adams.
 One of the harbor's in Newport.  Clyde and I have dubbed this picture - the busy picture.  The one above could qualify too.  I am going to miss the beautiful bridge but the traffic and the bustle that will now go on until almost October - I will not miss.  We will see how the traffic, etc. play out in Denmark.  I know they encourage bikes and public transportation there.


No comments: