Thursday, July 19, 2012

Happy Birthday, Clyde - Late!

Yesterday was Clyde's birthday.  My day got away from me, but I wanted to say how grateful I am that he is my husband and the father of my daughters. It has been an incredible almost 40 years together.  I hope this next years is wonderful for both of us.

On a sad note:  Last night when Pam called to wish Clyde happy birthday, she told us that 'Bo the Wonder Dog' had passed away yesterday morning.  He had lived a good life with Pam and Chris.  Even though he had been blind - he was caring 'watch dog'.  When we stayed with Pam and Chris, he always made sure we were where we were supposed to be - especially at night.  He loved to play fetch and he always stood beside me while I cooked, hoping from handouts 'from heaven'.  This last year has not been that much fun for Bo.  He was losing his hearing, had become very arthritic and kind of crotchety - but even on Bo terms - he was a great and easy going dog.  He was very much our grandson, Dutch's best friend.  For all of us that knew him - there will be a hole.  However I keep thinking how much fun he must be having being able to run and to see again.  We will miss you, Bo.

No comments: