Friday, May 25, 2012

Random Thoughts

Went to the DR yesterday and he was thrilled with how well I was doing for the first time in over a year.  Nothing needed to be tweaked.  I just need to keep on with Karen and keep following the regime she has me on.  I was on high yesterday all day because of all the good reports I kept getting.  The other thing I noticed is I have wrists and ankles again.  This is a wonderful thing!

My daughters and I started our blogs several years ago to keep close to each other.  We were much more faithful about writing them at first but then the novelty wore off and life got in the way.  I still check every day to see if there is any mention from anyone though, in hopes one of them have written something.  As it has turned out, my two youngest have been the most faithful all along.

My daughter, Pam, writes a blog on Tuesday based on lists.  Every week she makes me think about our life and the lists we make.  I found a shopping list written by my mother in a purse I had inherited from her.  I hang on to it because I have very few things that are hand written by my mother.  It is very precious to me.  The other day I realized that I couldn't make what I planned for dinner because I didn't buy one of the ingredients when I went shopping.  Clyde said, "You know if it isn't on the list, you won't buy it."  He is right.  If it isn't on my shopping list, I won't remember it.  We have a cleaning list at the Church of who cleans the building what week.  It is our week this weekend.  Clyde and I now have a list if criteria that we have to accomplish so we can even put our papers in for a mission.  Basically, our lives are run on lists.  It is interesting how something as simple as a few words each week from our youngest daughter can really be very thought provoking.

1 comment:

Holly said...

I'm so excited for you two to serve a mission!! I'm crossing my fingers for the Rome mission...then you can serve in Naples!!! :)