Wednesday, September 8, 2010

This One is For Heather

It is a small world. For the last several months we have enjoyed the fellowship of Mike Monteith at Church. He is here going to the JAG school on base until December. Mike was transferred here from Okinawa and had been our granddaughter Genavieve's nursery leader. According to Heather (and Mike) he is one of the only leaders she has warmed up to. Two weeks ago Mike spoke in Church. For that occasion his wife Desiree and their two boys came up from Virginia. Desiree and I literally did not stop talking from the minute we met until they walked out the door. She and Heather had been friends and it was good to hear about the Nordells from someone that had just seen them. We visited with them for 4 hours! I would have taken a zillion pictures but my battery was DEAD! This is the one and only picture I could get. So Heather, here is proof positive that Mike is here and how much fun we had. Love you and miss you. (There is a game called 'The Seven Steps to Kevin Bacon'. A couple of people in the ward said they could play it with people in the Church and me. I laughed and said it is only because I have traveled so much and have such a far flung family - this was after my sister's ward member showed up for Church last year.) Oh and Desiree is hoping to have the baby Thanksgiving weekend so Mike can be there. Otherwise she will be on her own.

No comments: