Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Tuesday's Book Review

This book took me about 30 minutes to read. It is about a great-grandmother that had been put in a nursing home and how her great grandson realized a need. It was a beautiful book. I highly recommend it. It made me realize that sometimes as adults we rush to quickly to think we know what is best.
I am a big "Percy Jackson" fan. Rick Riordan has done it again with this new series. It is Egyptian mythology. I was not as familiar with the Egyptian gods but Rick Riordan explained them as he went along without slowing the story. It was a great read. This is a book geared for middle school and high school age readers but anyone will enjoy it. I highly recommend it.

"The Meeting Place" is the beginning of a trilogy of books of two women, Louise and Catherine. One is French Huguenot and the other is Colonial British in Acadia. The British are doing everything in their power to push the French out, even though the French were there first. It was a beautiful but heart wrenching story. I recommend it.


"My Theodosia" is about the daughter of Aaron Burr. It is an older book. My mother loved this book but again I am not sure why. Theodosia was married to man that loved her but she still had an affair with another man that everyone knew about. My mother read so much that sometimes I think she got her titles mixed up.

"Devilish" is a book by Maureen Johnson. This is written for grades 9-12 and was a fun book of devoted friendship and the angst of peer pressures. It is about demons and and good vs. evil. It takes place in Providence, RI. Clyde asked me if I have to read books about places I know. This was a pure coincidence but made it more fun to read because I knew right where they were talking about. Maureen Johnson also wrote "Suite Scarlett" that I enjoyed so much few months ago. She truly understands teenagers. I recommend this book. It was a fun, quick read.




No comments: