Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Tuesday's Book Review

"Prayers for Sale" takes place during the 1930's in a mining town in Colorado. Sandra Dallas takes a bit of time building her story and because of that some people give up on her before they get started. But if you are patient you will learn some amazing things and read a beautiful story. Sandra Dallas is one of my favorite storytellers. She actually researches her stories from journals and local libraries.
I loved watching the Carol Burnett Show when was young and first married. It was one of the best variety shows on TV. This was a fun book of reminiscing.

This was a cute book with the funniest twist at the end. It is a novella and took me less than an hour to read.
I love Janette Oke's books. This is really a novella. It took me less than 30 minutes to read it. It was a sweet gift of love. It reminded me of Omi and Pam in many ways.
I am not sure who recommended that I read this book. It was Okay but the author is male and he wrote a female protaganist. The problem was his female was very masculine. I had to keep reminding myself that it was a girl. All in all it was a very odd read.

No comments: